The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in children. Coping with stress will make our community stronger.
You can support your child by:
Useful website links:
The Thrive Approach Thrive is a specific way of working with all children that helps to develop their social and emotional well-being, enabling them to engage with life and learning. It supports them in becoming more self-assured, capable and adaptable. It can also address any troubled, or troubling, behaviours providing a firm foundation for academic attainment.
Positive relationships are at the heart of Thrive. We use these relationships, together with play and creative activities, to give children key experiences at each different stage of their development.
Repetition of these activities supports their development, helping them to:
• feel good about themselves and know that they matter
• increase their sense of security and trust
• increase their emotional well-being
• improve their capacity to be creative and curious
• increase their self-esteem and confidence to learn
• learn to recognise and regulate their feelings
• learn to think before behaving in a certain way
f you want to find out more about the Thrive Approach:
Please also look in the Pupils Resources tab, well-being resources, for lots more ideas.