Please see below the key areas of our risk assessment to keep our children, staff and wider school community safe when we return for the academic year 2020 - 2021:
As a school, we will prioritise the Prevention measures outlined in the DfE 'Schools Operational Guidance'
If your child receives a positive Covid-19 test result:
- Do not send your child or their siblings to school
- Phone the school as soon as possible. We will need to report the case and we may need to close a bubble of children in the school to prevent further cases.
- If the test result comes during a weekend, please phone the school and leave a message on the answer phone, email email@example.com to let us know and phone the school at 8am on Monday morning to confirm.
- Your child can return to school after 10 days of isolation.
Organisation of teaching spaces
- Maximum ventilation – windows and doors open whenever possible
- Any new adult to the bubble must sign in (unless timetabled)
- Where possible, children facing forward, sat next to each other in Key Stage 2
- Children will wear PE kits to school on the days they have PE
- Books – cannot be shared for 72 hours if they have shiny covers (24 hours without shiny covers)
- Exercise books should be quarantined for 24 hours if taken home to be marked
- Books can be marked by staff in the Bubble.
Hand washing Protocol
- When children enter school in the morning
- When they go out for break and lunch (am and pm)
- When they return from break and lunch
- If changing classrooms (including going into the hall)
- Before leaving at the end of the day
- If there are concerns about sharing or contamination from outside the bubble.
Breaks and Lunchtimes
- Staggered timetable to allow bubbles to have a break where they will not come into contact with another bubble
- Children will have hot lunches delivered to classrooms (All children will eat in their classrooms. Apple and Pear only to eat in the hall). All surfaces wiped down after lunch.
- Plan drawn for designated areas for children to remain in and shared with all staff - including playground and the field.
The School Day
- Staggered start (8:40, 8:45 and 8:50) and finish times (3:00, 3:05 and 3:10) to reduce the numbers of people on site at one time
- Entrances and exits communicated to parents/carers
- Children to come into class when they arrive – with parents/carers then encouraged to leave site as swiftly as possible.
Measures to keep the school community safe
- Parents and Carers to wear face masks when on site to drop off and pick up their children. Staff will also be wearing masks during these times.
- Adults distancing from other adults at all times – Maximum of 6 in the staff room
- Adults to think about their positioning when speaking to children
- Bubbles to move around the outside of the building where possible
- Bubbles to clean as they go
- Bubbles to create memorable safety and cleaning measures to fit into the bubble's timetable
- Distanced staff meetings held in the well-ventilated hall
- Any underlying health conditions of children or staff to be made explicit to the school leadership for an up to date risk assessment
- School leadership team are available if anyone is struggling emotionally. We also have the support of the Care First package.
If there is a suspected case
- Move the child to the medical room to be isolated – Remain at least 2 metres away at all times
- Anyone attending to the child should wear PPE (available in every classroom, from the medical room or the front office)
- Inform the office so that they can contact home for the child to be picked up as swiftly as possible
- Child will then be taken to their parent/carer and given an information leaflet – child will need to take a test
- Medical room and child’s workspace to be thoroughly cleaned down
- Follow guidance below.
- By prior appointment only
- Full details taken when the visitor signs in for Track and Trace
- Visitors will be asked to wear face masks, if they are working with children, they will need to wear a face shield
- Observation protocols – safe space, away from other children by the door
- Visitor Policy will be strictly followed.